Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pitch Wars is Back!


Pitch Wars is back again! And I am SO excited to be a mentor once more!


This will be my third year being involved in Pitch Wars, and I still think it's one of the best writing contests out there! I've made awesome friends through Pitch Wars, I also think it's an amazing opportunity for unagented writers.

For those of you unfamiliar with the event, here’s a basic rundown of just how fantastic it is (stolen from Brenda Drake’s blog):

“What is Pitch Wars? Is it another contest? Oh, no, it’s so much better. Pitch Wars is a contest where published/agented authors, editors, or industry interns choose one writer each, read their entire manuscript, and offer suggestions to shine it up for agents. The mentors also critique the writer’s pitch to get it ready for the agent round. Mentors also pick one alternate each in case their writer drops out of the contest. Writers send applications (query and first chapter of manuscript) to the four mentors that best fit their work. The mentors then read all their applications and choose the writer they want to mentor for the next two months. Then we hold an agent round with over a dozen agents making requests.”

Doesn’t that sound too good to be true? For more information be sure to check out Brenda Drake's Blog. She has all the other mentors listed, with links to their twitter accounts. Although if any of you are writing YA, I really hope you’ll consider me!

Mentors will officially announce their wish lists on August 4th, but if you’d like to get a hint of what I might be looking for this year, feel free to check out my my wish list from last year. Just keep in mind, this year's list will be different. 

If you have any other questions please ask them in the comments or find me on twitter. Brenda will also be hosting an #AskMentor session on twitter before the contest starts, so make sure to look out for that!

As always, thanks for stopping by!

~Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete